High performance aluminum pigments
for powder coatings
PCS represents a new generation of high performance aluminum pigments which have been specifically designed for application in powder coatings.
PCS pigments are completely encapsulated with a very stable surface coating. Aluminum pigments of extremely high purity are coated with nanocrystalline silicon dioxide units in a special sol-gel process.
The decisive advantages of PCS are:
- excellent chemical resistance
- good rub resistance in single layer powder coating applications
- good pigment wetting
- pronounced non-leafing properties
- good shear stability – therefore very suitable for processing in the bonding technique
- high colour strength
- good electrical charging
- easy processing with Corona and Tribo techniques
The typical pigmentation rate of PCS aluminum pigments varies between 0.5 - 5.0%
The PCS pigment range includes five pigment grades which enables the formulation of all kinds of optical effects, from crystalline sparkling to silky gloss.