High-performance aluminum pigments for powder coatings
PCS is a new product generation of high-performance aluminum pigments for powder coatings. These pigment grades are completely coated with a very stable and homogeneous protective layer. Pigments made of high-purity aluminum are encapsulated in a compact silicon dioxide matrox in a special sol-gel process (PCS = powder coating sol-gel process).
The decisive advantages of PCS pigments are:
- excellent chemical resistance
- good rub resistance in single-layer powder coating applications
- good pigment wetting
- distinct non-leafing properties
- good shear stability - therefore very suitable for processing with the bonding technique
- high color strength
- good electrical charging
- easy processing with Corona and Tribo techniques
The typical pigment level of PCS aluminum pigments varies between 0.5% and 5.0%.