Metallic Inks for Offset Printing
Offset printing is a commonly used printing technique in which the inked image is transferred from a plate to a rubber blanket, then to the printing surface.
When used in combination with the lithographic process: the technique benefits from the repulsion of oil and water. The image to be printed obtains ink from ink rollers, while the non-printing area attracts a water-based film keeping the non-printing areas ink-free.
Offset inks are oil based or formulated for UV / LED curing.
What types of products (prints) are made using offset printing?
Offset printing is used for wet glue labels; folding carton;
- Beer labels
- Food packaging (carton board)
- Non-food packaging (carton board)
- Metal cans (e. g. olive oil cans)
How do ECKART Inks enhance offset printed products?
People worldwide make associations with ECKART’s well known offset ink brands: METALSTAR or UNIPAK. Both brands stand for best quality, highest gloss, perfect printability in gold and silver shades as well as PANTONE® 871 – 877 colors.
ECKART Offset Products
Food Packaging Grade (FPG)
FPG is ECKART’s display for GMP manufactured low migration products. We offer single component inks for secondary food packaging with certification:
- For conventional drying: METALSTAR FPG 712 series.
- For UV / LED curing: METALSTAR UV FPG 725 gold effects (871 - 876)
Swiss Ordinance / Nestle Exclusion
“Select” is ECKART’s portfolio for conforming to “Swiss Ordinance/ Nestle Exclusion List” manufactured products.
- For conventional drying: METALSTAR Select 12 series.
- For UV / LED curing: METALSTAR UV Select 21-20xx series