STANDART® PCBF is a new generation of non-leafing aluminum pigments. PCBF stands for Powder Coating Bonding Free. The particles are encapsulated with silicon dioxide units in a special sol-gel process and a durable surface coating which consists of thermosetting resin molecules. This preparation contains less than 50% silica-encapsulated aluminum pigment and more than 50 % carboxylated super durable polyester with an acid value of 25.
This new pigment encapsulation concept (patent applied) creates unique metallic effects for powder coatings.
The application properties of the coatings which contain a PCBF pigment and which were manufactured by Dry-Blend method are comparable with bonded powder coatings. This applies especially to the recoverability of the coating. These advantages lead to powder coatings with Bonding quality - without using bonding equipment.
Further advantages of this kind of pigments are:
• Aluminum content less than 50%
• Excellent compatibility in powder coating systems
• Excellent workability (due to chargeability)
• Easy handling with Dry-Blend method – no cloudiness in spraying
• Good resistance against weather and chemical stresses
• Recommended if high pigment loadings are required (up to 20 % is possible)
• Excellent storage stability at higher temperature
• Coatings with optical properties of wet paints achievable