Ultra-high performance non-leafing aluminium pigments for powder coating
PCU (=Powder Coating Ultra-High Performance) is a new generation of non-leafing aluminium and gold bronze pigments with an extremely high level of chemical resistance.
The PCU aluminium pigments consists of a platelet core of highpurity aluminium, which is embedded in an inorganic matrix of silicon dioxide using a sol-gel process and subsequently encapsulated with a special organic acrylate layer in a second pigment coating stage. This unique inorganic-organic double provides the PCU aluminium pigments an exceptional resistance regarding corrosion and chemical resistance. Therefore, the PCU pigments open up a new application fields for metallic powder coatings where improved chemical resistance is required.
The key advantages of PCU aluminium pigments are:
- extraordinary chemical resistance
- excellent rub resistance in single-layer powder coating applications
- good pigment wetting
- pronounced non-leafing properties
- good shear stability - and therefore particularly suitable for processing in bonding technique
- good electrical charging
- very good processability (in dry-blended as well as in bonded powder coating systems)
The typical pigmentation level of PCU aluminium pigments varies between 0.5 % and 5.0 %.