Press & News
- June 26, 2020
As already announced in our last press release dated 26.03.2020 Eckart's metal surcharges will be adjusted on a quarterly basis.
- June 12, 2020
Top-class research achievement – ALTANA Innovation Award for new pearl effect pigments technology goes to ECKART
A research team from ALTANA’s ECKART division has won this year’s Innovation Award of the globally active specialty chemicals group.
- May 29, 2020
Dr. Matthias L. Wolfgruber new Chairman - The Supervisory Board of the specialty chemicals group ALTANA has reconstituted itself. The Supervisory Board elected Dr. Matthias L. Wolfgruber, who has been a member of the Supervisory Board of ALTANA AG since March 2016, as its new chairman.
- March 26, 2020
As already announced in our last press release dated 19.12.2019 Eckart's metal surcharges will be adjusted on a quarterly basis.
- March 20, 2020
2019 Results: ALTANA Holds Its Ground in a Challenging Environment and Sets the Course for Further Growth
• Sales of € 2,249 million, nearly 3 percent below the strong level of the previous year
• EBITDA reaches € 416 million
• Research and development expanded further, R&D expenditure increased by 7 percent
• High investments in international sites and digitization
- March 20, 2020
Eckart America Information 01 on the COVID-19
Information on the coronavirus, status 18.03.2020
Employee health remains our top priority
Considering the rapid spread of the Coronavirus worldwide, ECKART has established an internal task force to develop and implement proactive measures in response to the COVID-19 virus. We continue to institute ongoing policies and procedures to address the very fluid nature of the pandemic.
- March 20, 2020
ECKART Customer Information 01
Information on the coronavirus, status 12.03.2020
Employee health and supply reliability have top priority
Considering the rapid spread of the coronavirus worldwide, ECKART intensified the work in its situation room and with regard to the communication with authorities for situation-adapted measures.
- March 20, 2020
Informazioni per i clienti ECKART 01
Informazioni sul Corona Virus, stato 12.03.2020
La salute dei dipendenti e l'affidabilità delle consegne hanno la massima priorità
In seguito alla rapida diffusione del Corona Virus, ECKART ha intensificato le misure di
sicurezza nelle proprie sedi ed incrementato la comunicazione con le autorità, ha elaborato
piani in caso di pandemia e ha adottato significative misure di protezione.
- March 16, 2020
ECKART Customer Information 02 Information on corona caused delivery delays, status 20.03.2020
Corona caused delivery delays
At present we are informed by forwarding agents that truck transportation is experiencing additional delays.
- January 20, 2020
Structureless matte effects are currently very much in vogue: SYMIC A 502 and A 522 synthetic pearlescent pigments from ECKART produce earthy bronze and copper shades with a velvety sheen. The new SYMIC A 393 enriches the A range with its distinctive, brightly coloured combination gold.
- January 09, 2020
• By 2025 the specialty chemicals group will reduce its CO2 impact from production and energy procurement to zero worldwide
• Complete conversion to green electricity already in 2020
• Call for significant strengthening of renewable energies
- December 20, 2019
• Strategic expansion of ALTANA’s ACTEGA division
• Acquisition includes production, research, and development in Switzerland and a subsidiary in the U.S. with a total of around 80 employees
- December 19, 2019
As already announced in our last press release dated 23.09.2019 Eckart's metal surcharges will be adjusted on a quarterly basis.
- October 14, 2019
„EXPLORE+“: With this motto ECKART invites customers to discover its new effect pigment solutions for plastics (Plastics Fair K 2019, Hall 5, Stand E 16, Düsseldorf, 16 - 23.10.2019).
Four thematic areas will present products and solutions that are not only visually brilliant, but also technically well focused - for added performance.
- September 27, 2019
• Includes all technology and products
• Will be incorporated into the Instruments Business Line of ALTANA’s BYK division
• Strengthens position as technology leader in instrumentation solutions with refinish color matching and formulation software for automotive OEM
- September 23, 2019
As already announced in our last press release dated 25.06.2019 Eckart's metal surcharges will be adjusted on a quarterly basis.
- August 19, 2019
ECKART GmbH and Berufsgenossenschaft Rohstoffe und chemische Industrie sign cooperation agreement
- August 06, 2019
• Strong investments in research and development, digitalization, and locations worldwide
• Sales decline by 4 percent to 1,154 million euros
• EBITDA margin reaches 19.2 percent
• Forecast for the year as a whole: sales roughly at previous year's level
- June 25, 2019
Student Team from Lingen Receives the 2019 ALTANA Special Prize in Chemistry for its Sustainable Business Idea
• “Jugend gründet” nationwide final on June 24 and 25, 2019, at the Porsche Training Center in Stuttgart
• The prize: a trip to one of the largest research and development sites of the specialty chemicals company ALTANA in the U.S.
- June 25, 2019
As already announced in our last press release dated 27.03.2019 Eckart's metal surcharges will be adjusted on a quarterly basis.
- May 03, 2019
ECKART, one of the leading manufacturers of effect pigments and metallic printing inks, will be presenting its design concept illoom. at the Packaging Première Milan, Fieramilanocity,pavilion 4, stand E 10, from May 28 – 30, 2019
- April 09, 2019
• Specialty chemicals company expanding its presence in Asia through biggest single investment in China so far
• New integrated site to better serve needs of customers locally
- March 27, 2019
As already announced in our last press release dated 18.12.2018 Eckart's metal surcharges will be adjusted on a quarterly basis.
- March 15, 2019
• Sales increase by 3 percent to €2,307 million
• EBITDA reaches €431 million
• Research and development expenditure increases by 8 percent
- March 11, 2019
ECKART presents innovations for the coating and printing industry and for functional applications
- February 22, 2019
ECKART Empowers Women with Wowing Colors
Innovative pigment and additive solutions to accentuate individual beauty
Purity, naturalness, and diversity – these are major global cosmetic trends. Based on its outstanding portfolio of effect pigments and additives, ECKART provides fascinating answers to these evolving trends under the theme “Brilliance – Inspired by Nature” at in-cosmetics global, April 2-4, Paris.
- January 24, 2019
Six months ago, the effect pigment industry was unexpectedly faced with a new challenge: a raw material commonly used in the industry was classified as a chemical toxic to reproduction.
- January 04, 2019
ECKART America Corporation is proud to announce Acme-Hardesty’s appointment as exclusive agent/distributor in the United States of the ECKART metallic and pearlescent pigments and rheological clay based additives business effective January 1, 2019. In addition, effective January 1, 2019, Acme- Hardesty will be our exclusive distributor for clay based additives in Canada for the personal care market.