Eckart America Information 01 on the COVID-19
Information on the coronavirus, status 18.03.2020
Employee health remains our top priority
Dear Customers and Business Partners,
Considering the rapid spread of the Coronavirus worldwide, ECKART has established an internal task force to develop and implement proactive measures in response to the COVID-19 virus. We continue to institute ongoing policies and procedures to address the very fluid nature of the pandemic.
- Following the guidelines and best practices of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), we are implementing strict hygiene and protective measures for all employees to avoid infections,
- Limited personal contact with customers, suppliers and visitors; including the implementation of special security measures for areas with frequent contact with visitors and external companies,
- Elimination of all non-essential travel; including a complete ban on travel to high-risk areas,
- Postponement of on-site customer seminars, employee seminars and internal courses,
- For safety reasons, people returning from risk areas - whether on business or private trips - work remotely for two weeks before returning to work,
- Development of remote work contingency planning,
- Adjustments in operating procedures to ensure production reliability; including training of additional personnel, in case of sickness-related absences,
- Review of inventory of raw materials and finished goods, establishing sufficient stocking levels for medium-term coverage.
At present, all production sites are running in normal operation. Should there be any restrictions,
we will inform you accordingly.
Please contact your ECKART representative if you have additional questions.